programs not responding in vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i've booted in to vista about 5 times, all i've done is install a few programs so far. now i keep on getting popups about programs not responding. is that normal with vista? does it need to be reinstalled every fews days to get things back to normal? i don't like vista very much, i tried to keep an open mind, but almost nothing works, the few things that do work are really irritating. i got linux working perfectly on my laptop, even making all the wireless stuff work was straight forward enough, but i wanted to learn abit about vista so i can secure other people's computers. maybe i can just install linux for people instead?? i just can't use it, i'm not a MS basher, but vista is really, really bad. i hate it :mad:

2. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

In vista every thing goes down, in bill gates'wallet every thing goes up and up!!! jejeje

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Vista is the beginning of MS end.
    Mrk

4. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Ditto.
    Too little, too late - an over-hyped beta at best, and even after five years and missed deadlines, it was still pushed into the market too early.
    @iceni: If you're learning it to support others, then I sincerely hope it's for income purposes; if you're doing it to support family/friends, then Do The Right Thing and get 'em going on Linux. :)
    Otherwise, it's the Pandora's Box of OSes.

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Were they Vista compatible programs? It seems as if Vista breaks a lot of things and causes 3rd party program developers lots of headaches. Look how long it has taken some of the programs to be compatible and some of them still are having issues. This all leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Microsoft. I would love for game vendors to start making Linux compatible versions. I'm may convert anyways as soon as I gain a little bit more knowledge.

I wish you good luck in your adventures. Take care, innerpeace

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Vista is the primary reason I got out of PC repair. My only two encounters with it so far on other peoples PCs was them coming to me asking that it be wiped clean and XP installed. And others seem to be getting in line. Good luck Iceni60, I wish you well in your endeavors.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Couple that with AND the purpose of their complete abandonment of 98/Me before revisiting them with a new re-write.

Not only that, but look at the global wide shake up due to Vista with software vendors and especially in the security arena.

Countless millions of users won't be sharing any sorrow for them when they finally do go belly up.

$M is only tech-wise enough to offer skeletons of an O/S, it's the rest of the world that picks up after them who are the real technological wizards.

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i was listening to a leo laporte podcast when someone called in asking how much they should charge for building a web site. he said it should be by-the-hour and ask for something like $100 per hour :eek: it was something like that anyway, so i thought i can do that :D

i want to make money securing computers so i can spend that money on more computer stuff, then if i like it take it more seriously, but i haven't got off to a good start because i can't bring myself to boot in to vista lol

i think one of the programs i had problems with was spywareblaster, i installed it normally but got an error when it first ran, so i uninstalled it and ran ccleaner i think, then reinstalled it with the XPSP2 install option, but i got the same error, then i started getting an error with ccleaner (i ticked the box telling it to run at boot time) and vista wouldn't let me change my wireless settings so it kept on not connecting to my router :mad:

does anyone know a good install watcher program i can use with vista? i would just do a reinstall, but i'm dual-booting with linux and i think it will wipe out all the partitions. i had to make some reinstall disks that i think use a repair partition, there's an extra partition with some stuff i think is for a reinstall anyway. i want a MS vista install disk not this stupid repair disk!! if i get a MS vista install disk will i be able to activate it? i don't have to use these repair disks do i?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.