Programs in BOClean's program excluder?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Firefighter, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Hi everyone! I have just got BOCLean and I don't know which exe files I have to exclude in there!

Just now I have excluded spiderml.exe, spidernt.exe, drweb32w.exe, spybotsd.exe, keyloggerkiller.exe and securitysuite.exe from Ewido anti-trojan program.

I have MRU-Blaster, CWShredder, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, HijackThis and BitDefender 7.1 Free as my other security programs installed too in my PC but those are not excluded in my BOClean.

In my DrWeb I have excluded Ahead (Nero Burning ROM 6 has DrWeb virusscanner in it!), BDF 7.1 Free, SbyBot, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, MRU-Blaster, CWShredder, Ewido and NSClean folders.

I know that there are too many programs but what progs are not necessary to exclude?

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Firefighter,

Since I see absolutely no reason to run or even download CWShredder unless you are infected, you can stop excluding that one. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

3. sig

sig Registered Member

You can add whatever you wish. Sometimes the program itself will tell you when there's an apparent conflict with another software and suggest that it be excluded. Since you have Dr. Web and that apparently can give rise to issues, excluding it obviously a way to go as previously discussed in another thread here. As for the other apps, it's up to you or if problems seem to result from not excluding them in BOClean.

I didn't initially add anything to the exclusion list. Then I was playing a game (not online) and there was a hiccup and BOClean suggested that I add the game app to the exclusion list. Did and have had no issues since.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I agree with sig. :)

I don't exclude anything unless Boclean pops up a warning and tells me too.

snowbound

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

Thanx to everyone! I removed the other ones except all my DrWeb exe files from BOClean program excluder.

I'm using CWShredder only because it's almost daily at Broadband DSL Report sites. I have to exclude CWShredder from my DrWeb because DrWeb detects my CWShredder as infected what I don't believe true.

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.