Program for Making passwords

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by GES/POR, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Im definetly not home at this area but so far ive heard only about roboform. Is this the only populair software here for making passwords?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Roboform only intergrates with IE Browser, which is no good for me..as I use Opera. As a password Manager I use Keepass it is freeware it is also encrypts the passwords http://www.keepass.info/ it also has a good password generator and intergrates with Opera browsers.

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I forgot to mention it has to be as easy to use as possible so the less options the better.

Also is there somewhere a specific thread discussing this? It may be a bit old i don't mind.

Thanks for the responses Ron n Carver.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Actually Roboform integrate with many browsers scroll down and you´ll see which.

But I agree that if you dont want to use (or cant) Roboform, then keepass is good. A password should be difficult but difficult passwords are hard to remember so keepass comes in handy since it is free.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Personally i use hashpass for making my passwords. The full version isn't free but it allows me to easily make and remember complex passwords and securely enter them into my browser.

8. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Take as many charachters as you need/want.

9. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

KeePass

Its an encrypted database along with an password generator. Highly recommended by everyone I've ever asked. Free, Open Source. Stick with the 1.x branch (1.10 I believe is current.)

You can use it just as a password generator, however to me it makes little sense to do that since you'll most likely never remember a generated password without recording it somewhere.

Also supports "One Time Use" Passwords.

If you don't believe me on recommendations, search the forums here.

10. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Keepass and Passwordsafe are both very good programs. The only problem is they generate random passwords. If I don't have the program with me or it won't run on the platform I'm using at the time, how will I be able to get my password when I'm not on my computer.

People may also want to look at SuperGenPass (works in most browsers, has a mobile version, works on the iPhone, etc. and generates as long a password as you want based on the domain name of the web site you are going to and a master password you supply).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.