Program Files

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by WilliamP, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a CMS Back Up system that once a week I back up my C drive. First it compares what is on my backup drive to what is on my C drive. Then it gives a list of purged files. Files that are on the back up but no longer on the C drive. You can then purge them from the back up drive. Today I had 12,000 C:\Program Files\TDS3\xDynamic\TDS.unpk\a01 files that I purged . What in the world are they?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, Those are files that TDS has upacked to see whats' in them, these are usually .zip files but also other types on compressed file. They are temporary files and are normally deleted.
    For some reason yours were not deleted after a scan so it is quite safe for you to delete them manually.

HTH Pilli

3. WilliamP

Thank you Pilli. I wonder why they weren't deleted.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Not sure of the reason but it is a known nit, usually cured when you do another scan. It maybe because the scan was stopped either by the user or by TDS itself, as I believe that corrupt .rar files can cause a problem with TDS scan stopping in that situation :)

5. WilliamP

I have TDS3 and Process Guard and when ever I have a question or a problem I can post it here and the answers or help is quick to follow. You do a great job. Thank you.

6. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

you might want to exclude that directory from your backup list
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.