Product of the Year

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I'm having a hard time choosing between SandboxIE and MBAM.

IMHO, MBAM made a spectacular entry this year, becoming THE solution for heavily hosed computer cleanup. It's lightness, quick scan, detection and stunning removal make it a perfect nominee for product of the year.

But... if you wanna stay protected and never have to use MBAM in the first place, just read my sig... SBIE is simply AWESOME. Simple, light, effective. Easily configurable. And now with it's perfected GUI it's even better.

So my vote is for SBIE

2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Man, that was a nice way to start this year! Thanks for the laugh!!! :D :D :D

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

I would say NIS2009 because of the innovations and at the same nearly 0% Cpu cost. And PrevxEgde is also my choice for "the think forward" award.

4. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Good point. For the masses, MBAM.

For me: For 2008, Sandboxie. The most potential for 2009, Drivesentry.

5. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Defensewall and Online Armor, the perfect combination.
    It has worked for me very well.

6. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Shadow Protect.

7. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

Defensewall or GeSWall of course

They are the examples of tomorrow's technologies, to be incorporated in future OSes.

A strong security policy is the basis of any security. Without it, behaviour blockers, antivirus and so on are just useless...

8. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

~ is the product that never will be compared with all (im)possible competitors.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You missed my point. Everyone is just listing their favorite product as product of the year.

10. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

What do you hope to learn from this, Peter? Are you analyzing trends? Personal interest?

11. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Sandboxie

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You know, there are actually some of us who trust in the staffs here thoughts. Peter has outlined his thoughts about Sandboxie on numerous occasions and the dummies like me, have enough sense to listen. Others should utilize the viewpoints of the staff here. i mean they are not going to lead you off a cliff but would prefer to help pull you back from one.;)

13. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree even if we do not agree to there set ups there knoweledge goes deeper then my self but at the same time we all can learn from each other.IMO we watch each others back as in unity here at wilders and will kick the malware writters to the curb.

14. 3xist

3xist Guest

Yep.

Hope some time this year the AV can get tested with the likes of AV-Comparatives, etc...

Cheers,
    Josh

15. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Avira AntiVir Premium..... Without a doubt.

16. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Wait. How can anyone obtain an accurate viewpoint when no one has tried every single product under the sun? Each individual's view is limited to the products they have tried and the bias they have heard -.-??

17. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

System Safety Monitor lifetime registration.

18. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Not a too bad idea ! :) Vitk stop his software but make a gift to all us.

19. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

True but best product means:

Out of the products you tried, which do you rate best. So this would lead to the most popular product of the year in terms of being used and being satisfactory

20. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Having now spent a few days installing, and playing with Vista I think that in practical terms it deserves the title as product of the year. When first released I found vista unusable. Today all that has changed. In any event the vast majority of non-wilders type users are never going to install most of the other products mentioned and in many cases really have no need for some of "our" toys.

21. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

this thread is a little misleading, most people will state the obvious such as their security programs etc as this is placed in Anti-Malware.

of course, i do agree with Prevx releasing a very good product, this would be my choice for product of the year for the anti-malware section of the forum, aswell as Online Armor for the firewall etc, i could go on with security products.....

Personally, i think its something more simple for a general Product of the year,

mIRC with the Invision 3.0 script has been a good product for me this past year, aswell as previous scripts for past versions, also i like to think Firefox 3 has a very good chance to be the best product of the year.

Best Hardware of the year for me, has got to be the iPhone 3G.

22. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Exactly.

For signature based products A squared anti-malware was good and the Norton 2009 range is a great improvement worthy of s9me recognition but Avira premium is still top for me.

Cheers

23. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

May I ask, why is Prevx such a good product that makes you rate it so highly? Does it detect or remove anything in the real world that others can´t ? Not tests, pls.

Thanks.

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

As far as tests, they are coming. But even still, that will and wont be definitive proof for folks based on their thoughts on tests in general. Some, behind the scenes have done their own testing and from I hear it does very well. Is it better then everything else? No, but what is.

It is a light app that approaches fighting malware differently and is supported very well here. Development is outstanding at this point so the future looks good.

But the simplest answer to your question from my stand is, Time will Tell.:)

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

because it offers a different, fresh approach to protection, offers fast detection to new-in-the-wild malware, and offers a pretty good removal rate too.

its light, its fast and scans are extremely quick.

with its in the cloud technology, behaviour-based detections and other techniques to detect malware, its fresh to see such a product on the market, something different.

was Prevx the first to offer this type of protection? i have no idea, but i see others trying to emulate it. lol :argh:

-- FP's are fixed very fast and support is awesome!!

...oh, and its a UK based security solution.

so, yeah.... my anti-malware product of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.