Product Code for Acronis TI 11 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by snowshine, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowshine

snowshine Registered Member

Hi,
    I purchased Acronis TI 10 Home on the 15 Sept 07.
    Then with the release of Acronis TI 11 home , I received another code for the latest version and I have downloaded that to my computer.

My question is: that I have a new Buffalo External HDD[DriveStation 500GB] just purchased.
    Can I down load the Acronis TI 10 Home to this external HDD attached on a USB using the original product code that obtained when purchased it on the internet?

I will appreciate your answer.
    Thanking you

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  2. random110

random110 Registered Member

If you are asking can you use both your copy of ATI 10 Home and ATI 11 Home now that you have recieved your upgrade code, the answer is no.

Though i am not sure what you mean when you say you want to load ATI 10 Home on your Buffalo.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Surely if he has purchased two full versions - one v10 and 1 v11 he would be OK?

I suppose this might depend on if the v11 licence code was a full or upgrade version.

Colin

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Since one purchases a new version as a complete program it is not really an update or an upgrade to an previously brought program. I regard the difference in price as a customer loyalty discount.
    So I consider I am able to use all four versions that have purchased. However each version may only be used on one computer at a time.

Xpilot (gets ready to duck)

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Whether that's kosher or not depends on the language in the License. I don't recall anything in the license that prohibits what you are doing, like say, language that says "If this license was purchased as an upgrade, then the user agrees that the previous license is hereby revoked," or some such thing. Software licenses often have such language re upgrades.

If you have 9, why would yo want to use 10? If you have 9 or 10 or mere sanity, why would you want to use 11? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.