procguard.sys detection by SpyCop (F/P)

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by spy1, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

You'll probably see a temporary F/P on procguard.sys if you're running SpyCop (it just started with today's update).

I'm emailing them now. Pete

Attached Files:

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

And actually, I'm kind of happy I did get that false positive - for two reasons:

(1) The automatic SpyCop screensaver scan is what caught it initially (I'd always wondered whether that thing worked or not - it does) - although the full scan caught it when I ran it afterwards, too.

(2) The program emailed me the alert from the screensaver scan as it was supposed to (I'd've never known if that part of the program worked or not, either, if it hadn't picked up the F/P).

And after all, the "Driver linked in list below displays rootkit behavior" is an accurate statement.

Nice to know all that stuff works! Pete

*After the "Full Scan", I high-lighted the detection on the main SpyCop interface, then clicked "Scan"/"5.About the Selected Spy Program", then clicked the "Ignore" option, which put it on SC's "Ignore" list until the detection gets sorted out.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

procguard.sys detection should be corrected with today's update of SpyCop (available now). Pete

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  4. kristine

kristine Registered Member

I just received this message also after running my scan. So are you saying I just need to disreguard it?

Thanks!

Kristine

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Did you update the SpyCop program before you ran the scan? Your SpyCop info should look like this (see screenshot). I'm not getting the alert here. Pete

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.