ProcessTamer vs Process Lasso

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TomAZ, Jul 20, 2015.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Thinking about the possibility of using either ProcessTamer or ProcessLasso -- any input would be welcome.

2. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

Before I upgraded my hardware I found ProcessLasso to be quite helpful. I'm not familiar with either program in its current version but Lasso seems to have many more options than what I found with a few quick google searches vs tamer. I have never tried tamer and to be honest I no longer use lasso either as it doesn't help with my current system/setup but Lasso did what it was supposed to and had many options so were I in need of something to control process priority again I'd prob default to lasso atm.

3. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Haha, I'm guessing the "coolest software" thread had you wondering the same as me. I did read that ProcessLasso is designed to be able to run alongside ProcessTamer, so it would appear you could try one or the other - or both.

4. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

PT is alot more simple than PL, I prefer PT

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would use Process Lasso, because of it's feature set, how up to date it is and how great the developer is with communicating.

I am one of those people who won't bother using outdated software, so ProcessTamer isn't for me.

Anyways, Process Lasso works great with many machines (Old or New), plus I highly recommend it, as it has always worked flawless for me.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Process Lasso is much more advanced, and Process Tamer never worked correctly on my system. But I also stopped using Process Lasso, because I suspected it made Opera 12 malfunction. It integrates quite deeply into the system, so it may cause unexpected issues, depending on which features you are using.