ProcessGuard vs. Online Armor - Which is the better?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by carlo555, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlo555

carlo555 Registered Member

Are there any controlled comparative tests in which the two are included?

I run Windows XP, NTFS, Kaspersky, and Zone Alarm. Which of the two is the better for my configuration and will make me feel more secure?

Thank you!

Carlo

2. .....

..... Registered Member

If you have a reletively little experiance with dealing with applications and how/ when/ what they do (and are executed) go OA. Otherwise go Process Guard or AppDefend.

Best thing to do is to trial them both.

You may or may not like either of them. Another thing to consider is do you actually NEED them. KAV has good detection of malware. The new soon to be released 6 version comes with some features of the above mentioned applications. ZA is a quality firewall too. If its the Pro version, once again you'll have some of the features of the above listed programs.

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

They are very different...

Like ..... said, try both and see what you like more and fits your needs...

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Process Guard offers a narrower range of protection than Online Armor. PG is primarily an application firewall. OA does that task (though not yet as well as PG does it) plus OA also has an Antivirus (KAV), antispam, web surfing protection, email protection, keyLogger protection, & a full-on firewall soon to come.

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Think about what you need and your level of experience - how much do you want to make decisions based on pop ups

Can Zone labs pro get you there with Kav 6. I pefer Process Guard or Appdefend over OA but they are diiferent

I would take a look at Prevx:rolleyes:

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Bellgamin, it sounds like you have gone over to the OA side. I have to admit I am trialing it too and liking it better each day. It does run a bit heavier than DrWEB but such complete protection with KAV thrown in is hard to beat...:eek: :D

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  7. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

One of the main things I find that OA has over Process Guard is customer care.

8. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I'm curious.
    What is the Doctor?

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Its Dr WEB Antivirus. The new Online Armor AV+ is now using KAV Antivirus. I refer to it as the Doctor for the care and treatment it provides...with no co-pay...:eek: :)

10. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

O.k. got it now, thanks Mongol. :D

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I haven't exactly "gone over." Rather, I have been a user of plain-vanilla OA from the get-go.

As to OA's new and sassy kid sister, namely OA-AV+, I am most definitely a devoted admirer. I maintain my copy thereof up-to-date by a daily Rollback. But I still USE plain-vanilla OA (no antivirus) plus DrWeb plus Kerio 2.1.5 for my everyday set-up.

As to what I shall do when my license for DrWeb expires (in June 2007), time will tell. That is -- if I live that long, and if the Lord tarries. :)

12. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Ah that explains your OA posts here and at Tallemu recently. My DrWEB license goes to Nov 06. While I really like this new Online Armor version:thumb: I am also pleased with how the DrWEB crew has been coming around in all areas...decisions-decisions. I'll probably stick with the Doctor for my license period, after all Spidergate can't be too far away...:D

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

As said before, trial both. You have to find out for yourself, if you are able to make the right decisions with both softwares. :)

14. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Personnally, I like both of them, but if it can help, there are few more infos here

And as said beetlejuice69, support for OA is impressive! ;)

Cheers,
    nicM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.