ProcessGuard v3.4 released!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i installed build 3.4 and i have not seen any problems, not yet.. (the only thing that i am wondering about is the secure-message handling which i have not yet had a chance to see in action).. i was glad to see that there was not much difference in the GUI between build 3.15 and build 3.4.. just some minor differences (in the GUI)..

so, congratulations to DCS :)

p.s. i do like the green that indicates that processguard's protection is enabled.. setting up the rules for PG 3.4 seemed a little more slick, too..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

redwolfe_98,

Green means you are in Learning mode. Blue is protection enabled and not in learning mode. ;)

3. IceDogg

IceDogg Registered Member

I was just about to freak out had to check it.. redwolfe_98 is correct of course.

4. norwegian1968

norwegian1968 Registered Member

Wayne,

I downloaded and installed the latest version, still only using free version
    though. When i went to uninstall KIS 6.0.1.344(Beta) it crashed, total of 3 times, before i had to uninstall PG and repair install KIS, so i could uninstall KIS to get the latest beta build. 3 dumps have been sent to your support, in the "attention administrator" link. Hope the dumps help figuring it out.

Note: I have never had a major issue like this before either, even with PG V3.3 and about 10 versions of KIS beta.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if redwolfe is correct, what color is the icon in learning mode?

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Green with the key unlock icon is the Learning more, and Blue with the ley locked is the Security mode.

7. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

WSFuser it was written in the 3rd message above yours.

8. WSFuser

yea i got confused by redwolfe amd icedogg's post.

9. IceDogg

IceDogg Registered Member

oops, my mistake I meant siliconman01 was correct. Sorry bout that. Quoted the right one though.

10. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i was talking about the "green" on the main panel in PG's GUI, where it says "SECURE: Protected by ProcessGuard".. if protection is disabled, it turns to red, there.. in learning mode it is yellow..

if the icon in the systray is changing colors, i am not noticing it.. all that i notice is that the PG-icon is x-ed out when PG's protection is disabled.. my monitor is dark and maybe that is why i am not noticing any difference in the colors of the icon systray..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

For me if the tray icon is: Blue is Secure; Green is Learning mode; red is Alert; RED X is process Guard Disabled. They're is no yellow.

12. WSFuser

thanx for teh clarification icedogg and redwolfe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.