ProcessGuard License

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by G1111, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Is it worth adding the paid version if I am also running TrojanHunter Guard and Kaspersky. Also is the paid version of PG a one-time fee or do you need to renew it yearly. I am happy with the free version, just wondering if the paid version is worth the extra cost.

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi G1111,

It's a tough call. You already have excellent protection with Kaspersky, PG Free and Trojan Hunter. I like the way PG licensed proactively guards against rootkits and other programs that try to obtain global hooks (e.g keyloggers) whether they are "signatured known" (a la Kaspersky) or not. It's a straight out comfort factor. I don't want anything running on my machine that I do not know about, so I paid for PG. I also tend to pay for products that I like, whether or not it is required, in order to support future product development. You may feel quite comfortable where you are, which is also quite reasonable.
    Rich

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

richrf - Thanks for the reply. Does the paid version take up much more resources than the free version. Also, is the paid version a one-time cost or do you need to renew/pay yearly?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Both Free and Full take very low resources.
    There is no yearly licence fee, upgrades are free and no time limits have been set.

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Another question is whether you have multiple computers (or intend to in the future). If so, PG's Unlimited Home licence starts to look very attractive.

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Paranoid2000 & Pilli - Thanks for the responses. I will be using it on my desktop at home, so I will need only one license. Good to know they do not charge on a yearly basis. It is an easier decision now.

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Done! I thought maybe I would have to uninstall and reinstall, but the registration validate key they provided opened the remainder of the program and I was able to retain my initial settings. Anyhow, one more layer of protection added. Thanks everyone.

8. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

One question. I set the extra protection, "Protect Physical Memory," etc. When I rebooted I was prompted by Microsoft to register my Windows product key, which I did. I did not set the program back to "Learning Mode." Could this be why somehow my Windows XP Product Key had to be reset?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.