ProcessGuard and Disk Fragmentation

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Triple Helix, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Hi there!! One funny thing I just found out Today, I did a complete reinstall of Windows XP Pro and after installing all of my programs I did a Defrag all was fine, it fully Defraged then I installed ProcessGuard got everything up and running great, then I did another Defrag and it would not fully Defrag so I was looking in my Diskeeper 9 help file and it said that some secuity programs will not fully Defrag unless you turn them off so I did, and this time it Fully Defraged:eek: Then of course I went and turned ProcessGuard back on and all is Great now!!

Just Thought that I would pass this along!!:D

Cheers,

dagolag

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. de Paulus

de Paulus Registered Member

Thanks dagolag...
    I recently Defraged, and also got a message saying that my PC could not fully Defrag!!.. Now I know why..and even better,.. know what to do next time!!..
    Cheers Mate.
    Paul

3. wayne_b

wayne_b Registered Member

Must be with Diskeeper, Perfectdisk doesn't exhibit this though this is one to log for future reference. Thanks dagolag :)

-wayne

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Should PG be disabled when de-fraging with the built in windows program?

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Matt_Smi,

Fragmented .dat files was an issue in the early version of PG. Gavin has mentioned that PG itself defrags pghash.dat and pguard.dat. I have not disabled PG for a defrag in five months and the .dat files stay intact. In older version of PG, 6-8 fragments was typical.

Nick

Attached Files:

6. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Great to here! I just like knowing the cause of such problems and pass them on because Since I joined Wilders I have found alot of information that helped me!!

Cheers,

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.