ProcessGuard 3.150 released?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LuckMan212, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Possibly your pghash.dat and pguard.dat were overwritten if you did not do a backup copy before installing the new version.
    I imagine that you rebooted & if PG was in learning mode it would have given the allows that it deemed necassary.

HTH Pilli

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

No problems here at all, I just followed all of Jasons instruction and all went well and my pg icon is still blue as well.
    I always use Jasons instructions with any new build of pg and I have never had a problem yet.

If you are using v3.000-3.050 you can either start fresh with v3.100 by uninstalling v3.000-3.050 then installing v3.100 or use the upgrade I mention below. It is easier to not bother with upgrading your lists and just start fresh by letting learning mode handle things for you in the new version.

The instructions provided below are for more intermediate to advanced users, if you don't understand any of the steps it would be best for you to not bother trying to upgrade your settings.
    If you want to upgrade from v3.000-3.050 and keep all your protection and security lists, follow these instructions.

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard v3.000-3.050 and reboot

3) Install ProcessGuard v3.100, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists.

THE MUL

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

We were waiting until a few of our major download mirrors had updated to the latest version before officially announcing it. Due to the popularity of the program we experience a big server load around every release, so spreading the impact helps keep everything running nicely for our customers. :)

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The new version has been running nicely for a couple of days now. I like the new additions

bigc

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Green means you're in learning mode. Blue means you're protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.