Process Lasso update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, it can be purchased at the O&O website with a 40% discount coupon:

https://www.oo-software.com/en/products/ooclevercache

coupon code: CUA-VM2-RJU

(note I initially made a typo. The correct discount is 40%)

Have you been using CleverCache for a while and can you say more about why you like it?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks!

I've been using it for a couple of days now and my Win7 x64 machine would lock-up/freeze (requiring user log-off) at least once per day. Very annoying. Since I installed CleverCache, I haven't had a single lock-up yet in the short amount of time I've had it running.

I'm going to use the remaining 27 days on my trial period to see if this holds up or not. But thus far it seems to be doing it's job.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

How much ram do you have in your system, and when you pull up the CleverCache console what do you see it doing?

I'm also running Win7 x64. I have 8 gigs and so far I can't see that CleverCache does much of anything :) , but since it doesn't appear to hurt anything either I'll leave it on for a while and see what happens.

4. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Half of yours (4GB) and I have CC set on "automatic" until I learn more about it's settings and other features/functions.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I've tried O&O CleverCache in the past, during the short time that i tried it i did not notice any difference, i might try it again to see if it improves responsiveness etc. :D

6. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

same setting and RAM as yours :thumb: Set it and Forget it

I also had TU2012 Live Optimization turn on and found nothing conflict each other. My XP runs fast and very responsive !

screenies

Attached Files:

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

8. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

pardon my ignorance but what exactly does process lasso help with? i have read a little bit on their website but can someone tell me a real world usage/example of how they use process lasso and how it affects the system?

9. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Good question. I own two lifetime licenses, purchased for the price of one. Though, the same license number.

The problems I have:
    1. The author keeps changing the licenses, and I was not able to use it for 6 months. According to the author my emails dropped through.
    2. Finally installed it again last month. With the new update to v6.0.0.76, the license doesn't work anymore.
    3. Every two or three days, a new update is out, which shows either lack of proper programming and/or sales tactics.

Best regards,

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I use Process Lasso (PL) on my desktop and laptop. The desktop has an i7 CPU and 8gigs of ram, and the benefit of PL isn't that noticeable (because the CPU doesn't get "pegged" often). On the old dual core laptop though it keeps the system noticeably more responsive. The idea is straightforward, ie don't let any one process hog the CPU - when a process starts hogging PL reduces thread priority. There's a lot of complexity under the hood, but PL runs very well in Auto mode. I never micromanage it. Why not try it? Install the trial and see if it makes a difference for you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've found the author very responsive to email, and licensing issues in particular, so I'm surprised at your difficulty. I would try again to have your lifetime license activated.

Regarding the frequency of updates I have to disagree that this indicates a problem. Process Lasso is under continuous development. The updates are mostly about the refinement or addition of features. I used version 5 for a year and never experienced a bug and so far the same is true for version 6. You can optionally turn off updating and only update manually if that's your preference.

12. aladdin

Hi Victek123,

Thanks for you answer. I have written to Jeremy and will wait his answer, as he is one person company.

In the meantime, see the below screen shots.

Attached Files:

13. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

thanks for the answers guys, so this program is only really effective on a low/medium end system? the main use of this program is to make a system slightly faster by throttling certain processes which have high CPU usage?

it wont be making a highly overclocked quad core system any more snappier then? as i have never seen the my CPU running at 100% usage apart from benching software, so would using PL on my system create negative performance results when using everyday software?

14. aladdin

I don't know why I paid $30 for this. Three times my serial key has been changed, and now it seems like it is going to be the forth time with the install of v6.0.076.

Haven't used it much due to changing serial keys and last time I used it was more than six months ago and then no response from the developer.

Anyhow, all my systems are super duper fast.

Best regards,

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've never experienced Process Lasso having a negative impact on performance. On my faster system I mainly notice better power management - the CPU runs cooler. On the slower laptop PL eliminates stalls/unresponsiveness when programs are loading.

16. aladdin

Even though I have a lifetime license and another pending lifetime license for Process Lasso, I have now got an email to pay more money. Funny thing is that in less than 2 years I have owned this program, I have hardly used it due to invalid license key issue. I own lots of programs and usually install and uninstall them. When I am ready to install them again, it becomes a pain in the ramus, the program does register due to invalid serial key. Then one has to spent the perilous time to contact the developer.

Basically, the owners of the programs are treated like thieves, or conned into paying more money somehow. It is the legit owners who are usually penalized in somewhat crappy activation progress.

However, here is the email I just got from the developer.

Even though I have a lifetime license and another pending lifetime license for Process Lasso, I have now got an email to pay more money.

Best regards,

17. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

aladdin, your licensing issues were addressed. There is no trickery going on. There is no theft. There is no deception. At best, there is an over-abundance of generosity (seriously), and possibly some rare licensing issues from older licensees that were - in every case - addressed.

All that need be done was contact me. Did I not send you a full lifetime license (again) to make sure you were taken care of?

My initial sending of the short term free license was because I couldn't find a record of your payment (only a free license I had sent you). This was my error, though I've still not located the original payment. That's not to say you didn't make it! To err on the side of caution, as always, I immediately sent you a new lifetime license to make sure you were taken care of - didn't I?

I'm sorry I made the initial mistake of sending the free license - or that you feel in any way deceived or tricked, because nothing could be further from the truth. Your post on the Bitsum forum was removed because it contained personal licensing information and simply wasn't appropriate for a public discussion.

We treat paying customers well. If we didn't, well we'd disappear. By 'we' I mean 'I'.

Further, the program itself never expires, and most all of the major features remain indefinitely free. The singular 'nag' at startup (only) is a simple dialog with no timer you can click right past. We make all this clear right up front at How Free is Process Lasso? AND label our software as 'Shareware', despite it never actually fully expiring.

As for my responsiveness - I am normally pretty darn good, heck I am responding somewhere else. Sometimes emails get missed, rarely. In your original case, I think maybe I missed an email a long time ago, and you've held it against me forever since. Use the program, throw it away, don't do anything - but come on, give a person a fair shake. Our activation systems are overly liberal and let users by with a lot, always erring on the side of caution - though I don't want to go into detail.

If you will, please delete or amend your post. What was the second email you got? What did it say? A new lifetime license? No? Within an hour or so...

It is likely you had these issues because of your admitted practice of uninstalling programs, then reinstalling, then unintalling, reinstalling... etc... Obviously we can't let a key be activated but so many times! If I had known this, I could have adjusted your key to allow for more activations.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  18. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ jcollake, always a pleasure to see you in Wilders Forum.

;)

19. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

Always a pleasure to be here ;).

This post triggered a Google Alert, and I was shocked to see the post, as I thought I had taken care of this user a few hours ago with a full lifetime license (second email sent to him today).

I could have avoided this whole mess, and his previous dissatisfaction if I knew he had a practice of installing/uninstalling a lot. I could have made a simple adjustment. Most users don't exhibit that behavior, and without going into details, a person has to uninstall/re-install a LOT before the key is invalidated. I do NOT have a strict licensing policy, to say the least ... Let's just put it that way.

Sadly, this is one user I may never get back, but I do try ... Running a 'one man show' is not easy, nor is keeping everyone happy.

Those who support me by even using my software honor me, and that's how I truly feel. With all the scams, snake oil, bundleware, and other crap in the world - I try to walk the straight and narrow, and hope users see that.

That said, sure - sometimes I do make mistakes - sometimes emails are missed, and in this case I feel really bad that this user was not satisfied (despite me responding to his issues the same day).

20. aladdin

Dearest Jeremy,

Welcome to the Wilders. It is nice to see you here and I am glad someone invited you here so that we can know you better.

Sorry to disagree with you about the above. My posts didn't contain any personal information. They contained the same screen shots which are posted above. You removed my posts without even informing me. You have not only removed posts but the complete thread.

I have owned this software for less than 2 years, but have hardly ever used it due to licensing issue. About 8 months ago, I tried to reinstall this software but I couldn't activate it. I sent you about 2 or 3 emails, but no response from you. Then about 1 month ago, I posted on your forum and then I was able to activate again. Now suddenly without uninstalling I upgraded to v6.0.0.76 and my license didn't work. WHY?

I brought this to your attention again, my account shows that I have lifetime license, you sent me a temporary license and asked for more money.

I told you the very first time this happened about at least 18 months ago. You told me that you will keep this in mind. What happens then?

I don't install the software anymore and then I install the software about 8 months ago, I cannot activate it. I wrote you 2 or 3 emails but no response. About a month ago, I posted on your forum (the complete thread is removed now), and was able to activate it. Now with the upgrade to v6.0.0.76, without uninstalling the activation suddenly doesn't work. So, I posted on your forum, you sent me a temporary license and asked for more money.

The screen shots from my account show that I have lifetime license.

Anyhow, it is behind us now. And, hopefully I will have licensing issue any longer.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  21. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Is this really needed with a setup like mine guys? (specs in sig)

will i see any benefits?

22. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Wow! with all this said, I will not be purchasing a license! I like my apps to let me activate as many times as I want provided it is on the same PC! Crappy developers who don't know how to make a proper activation system are really getting on my nerves!

Same thing happened with my PowerDVD before, I purchased a license, activated like 6 times on the same notebook due to formatting (yes I format a lot using True Image as a backup ) and then my license key was blacklisted, not taking into account the the PC being activated on is the same, same computer name and same hardware

23. aladdin

Dear Berry,

Jeremy of Process Lasso is a good person and I am hoping this is behind us. He is a very good person and a one man show, so things must have fallen off the table. It happens sometimes.

Best regards my dearest friend,

Mohamed

24. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

You can easily to have a better idea how it performs and how it can be suitable in your system: try to do the "Proof of Concept" with "CPU Eater" tool.

No. Beyond all expectations the fact is that it is slight in resources - and unlike some can think PL can't at all "create negative performance results when using everyday software".

Exactly the opposite.

25. aladdin

Dearest Jeremy,

Thanks for issuing me new license key which is good for 5 lifetime licenses. Please see the below image. I personally own two laptops and two desktops and one netbook with Win7 x86 for driver's issues. These computers are owned by me and not by any other family members in the house. All the computers in the house are Win7 x64, beside the netbook which is Win7 x86.

The computers are as follows:

1. Lenovo (desktop).
    2. Vibrant (desktop).
    3. Nexus (laptop).
    4. ROG (Republic of Gaming laptop).
    5. Fort (netbook laptop).

I had Process Lasso uninstalled due to upgrade to v6.0.0.76 and activation issues on both Nexus and ROG laptops. I reinstalled v6.0.0.76 and activation went without a hitch on both these laptops.

The very first time I installed Process Lasso v6.0.0.76 on the Fort netbook to see how Process Lasso performs on x86 system and the activation went without a hitch too.

The Vibrant desktop had earlier version and then I upgraded to v6.0.0.76, which didn't activate with an earlier key. So, I inputted the new key and it wouldn't activate. I uninstalled and reinstalled v6.0.0.76 and then tried to activate with the new key, but it still didn't activate. So far, I haven't tried it on the Lenovo desktop.

The conclusion with the new key is as follow:

1. Nexus laptop activated.
    2. ROG laptop activated.
    3. Fort netbook activated.
    4. Vibrant desktop didn't activate, tried it twice.
    5. Lenovo desktop haven't tried it yet.

Please look into your activation process and let me know. If you want to do this in private and through email, you have my email, so you can contact me through the email I purchased this program with.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.