Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Stam, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stam

Stam Guest

Hello,

I want to ask two questions :

1- I have on my system :
    - Norton antivirus 2005
    - Ewido (free version)
    - ZoneAlarm (free version)
    - Giant anti-spyware (Not Microsoft antispyware beta)
    - Spyware Doctor (free version)
    - AdAware (free version)
    - SpyBot Search & destroy
    - Bazooka Spyware scanner
    - Spyware Blaster
    I really want to install Process Guard, so my question is Do I need the free version of Process Guard or the full version??

2- I read a lot of user reviews about process guard on C|net Download dot com that Process Guard is hard (Or impossible) to un-install. Is this true?

Have a nice day!

2. rickontheweb

rickontheweb Registered Member

It couldn't be easier to uninstall. You simply have to uncheck "Protection Enabled" on the main tab of ProcessGuard before uninstalling. Then it easily uninstalls without a hitch.

Yes it's practically impossible to uninstall if you don't turn off it's protection first. But I think it was meant to be that way. What good is a security app if malware could uninstall it with it's protection enabled?

You could always do the free version to get a feel for it, then register when you become comfortable with it. You won't be sorry.

3. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

If you install PG, you never want to uninstall it again...:)
    have a nice day as well!
    Dolf

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I feel processguard is one of my most important pieces of security software. Never be without it again.

bigc

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

PG is an invaluable aspect of my security defense, since it guards against the installation of malware such as keyloggers (or any program that requests global hooks), rootkits, unauthorized services, and other unauthorized programs (pro-active as oppposed to re-active). This gives me great peace-of- mind.

I agree that you should start with the free version and then upgrade if you wish to have the very important added benefits.

I use WormGuard and RegDefend as companion products along with my AV (Kaspersky) and AT (Ewido).

Rich

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

As Rich indicated you can try the free version and then if you you like it get the paid version. That is what I did. The only thing is if you go that route I believe you need to put ProcessGuard in learning mode before rebooting to avoid this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=82495

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.