Process Guard vs Gunbound ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Myztik, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoreaBoy

KoreaBoy Guest

Who told you I am part of the programming group, the staff, the moderation team, or even the players'.
    I have nothing related to these, and I don't play Gunbound. I am a strict user of ProcessGuard and also a professional programmer. I inspected gunbound and this nprotect, becasue I heard HERE what was going on. I posted to clarify most of the kid's comments who are somewhat dificult to decode, and
    decided to give my opinion. Make no judgement, as this composes my opinion only. Besides, I have played other online games before with a similar defense system, so I know it's functionality.

2. Chris420

Chris420 Guest

Wow what craziness. Look my daughter plays this game "Gunbound". I have had her state issues related to my copy DiamondCS PG. She says I have to uninstall it. This is not acceptable so I told her that she can’t play her game anymore and well to say the least she was quite distraught. So I gave in and uninstalled PG for her. I now need something that does the same thing as PG since I can no long use it. Are there any suggestions as to a something that does similar things? Time is of the essence, I don't wish to leave my pc unprotected for long, and installing and uninstalling pg every time my daughter wished to play is also unacceptable.

What is this program you speak of? Does it have a name and how much does it cost?

3. Chris420

Chris420 Guest

Oh and yes I tried SSM my daughter also says her game won'y play with that installed? Is it this gunbound game's policy to blacklist all protection software on the market?

I'm begining to think that this game is more or less malicious software intended to force people from removing protection from their computers in order to hack them. If this is the case please tell me so I can remove "Gunbound" from my PC, and explain things to my daughter.

4. KoreaBoy

KoreaBoy Guest

Strange how you expect advirtisement to concurrent software to appear here. There are some but they are, obviously, not going to be published here. Besides, in some of it's features, ProcessGuard is unique. Very unique.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Honestly, which is more worth it? PG, which will protect you from the effects of the most malicious malware, including that which is designed to capture personal data that can lead to identity theft, or a game that mandates that you NOT take such measures?

Just about any other game out there will work with PG going, Doom 3 even seemed to work BETTER with it (blocking global hooks seemed to stop it from crashing), if you ask me it's time to look for a better game... especially if you have a kid using the same computer that isn't as aware of safe computing habits.

Ideally any kid should have his or her own computer for the sake of the parent's safety. An adult undoubtedly has financial information to protect, and the kid isn't going to necessarily know that opening that cool screensaver from c1byr-d00d is going to ship those details off to Russia the next time you check your bank statement online. If getting a new computer just isn't feasible, you are left with no less responsiblity to keep that kind of information safe.

Would you make the same kind of compromise in any other area of your life?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  6. TJ420

TJ420 Guest

I think this guy just wants a name of another program so he can hack gunbound lol...

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Re: Gunbound - When software protection goes too far...

:cool: closed huh blaze rule with iron monkey fist lol

will the hacke made since in theory but most bs does personaly this game sounds lame

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We don't need two topics on the same thing, especially since this isn't a Process Guard support problem, and this is the Process Guard forum. So I'll close this thread now.

Let's keep it over in this other thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47827

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.