Process Guard v1.300 Released!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jason_DiamondCS, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

Registered Members of Process Guard can log into the members area to download the free update of the full version :-
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=members

The free version of Process Guard has also been updated and can be downloaded at Process Guard's homepage.

There are currently no known bugs in v1.300 of Process Guard.

The following is a list of some of the things changed since v1.200

[NEW FEATURES/ENHANCEMENTS]
    -Added "Save Protection List" option so you can now save your protection lists to a file for later viewing.
    -Added "Save Error Report" under the Help menu. This allows inexperienced users to get help faster.
    -Added Drag and Drop so you can now use other methods to add files to be protected, also supports adding multiple files at same time.
    -Now write a "Closing" entry into the file log so you know when Procguard.exe has been shutdown.
    -Now report which application END TASK was trying to be used on
    -Systray icon now changes to a GREYSCALE icon with a red cross through it when Protection is disabled
    -Recoded large parts of PG_MSGprot.exe to be a lot more optimized and stable.
    -Added blinking SYStray option when PG isn't the active window.
    -Can now press ESCAPE or F5 to unselect an item in the protection list, allowing you to resize the two internal window
    -Installer/Uninstaller now checks to see if Procguard.exe is running and won't continue if it is
    -Various interface tweaks and changes
    -PG_Msgprot.exe should now not respond to NET STOP commands whilst protection is active
    -Helpfile changes and additions

[BUGS FIXED]
    -Support for older CPU's on Windows XP/2003 with the new code path. Intel Pentium 1/Pentium Pro, AMD K6/K6-2/K6-3, Cyrix and VIA CPU's now work with Process Guard.
    -Some prepath characters on system processes were not being stripped leading to incorrect identification of process.
    -DOS/SHORT path renaming had a minor issue with certain directories not being correctly mapped.
    -Allow Driver/Services wasn't working for one of the areas being blocked.
    -A log entry was missing for one area where Drivers/Services were being blocked.
    -Fixed a small memory leak in the driver which occured each time a driver was installed with allow privileges.
    -Changed the way Global Hooks are blocked to be more "program friendly" reducing problems with nearly all applications.
    -Now update the driver everytime Procguard.exe is run, regardless of what is done.
    -Fixed an issue with the driver sometimes reporting to procguard.exe that it was initializing when it wasn't (causing Cannot Attach Errors)
    -Changed memory allocation in driver to be more stable.

Help us spread the word of the release and have fun using it. :)

-Jason-

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Posted release info at dslreports guys :D.....Congrats on this mighty fine release ;).

Many regards,
    Jade.

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Thanks Bowser, I am not too sure where these sorts of updates go on DSLReports anymore, possibly it could be the new forum they set up rather than the one you posted in. We will have to wait and see I guess. :cool:

-Jason-

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Running fine here Jason, :D As the beta did all weekend. Brilliant job!

5. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Thank you Jason, v1.3 is alive and well on my AMD K6-2 notebook that would not run v1.2.

I am spreading the word at grc.news.latestversions, including quotes from your announcement message that lists the NEW FEATURES/ENHANCEMENTS, and BUGS FIXED.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

:D Good news Disciple! Now the fun starts :cool:

7. MEGAFREAK

MEGAFREAK Registered Member

Nothing has changed, I receive the same error message: could not attach to kernel and AOL still does not work under protection.

8. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i managed to protect "waol.exe" in pg, and aol still would run.. were you entering "waol.exe" to PG's protection? it is a hidden file..

9. Juan Lopez

Juan Lopez Guest

Jason,

Before I use any product, I want to have good documentation with pictures to help me setup the product, and best practices to get the most from the program. This is a big factor to me before I purchase any software. I have been told in the past to go into the help file, but I've never seen a help file that had enough, or easy to understand information.

So can you tell me if you guys have a PDF manual that can help someone like me who is new to this software so I can easily walk through the setup??

10. Jason_DiamondCS

We are in the process of doing a really easy to understand step by step guide for the website, hopefully this will help people in your situation.

-Jason-

11. Juan Lopez

Juan Lopez Guest

Thank you Jason.

I will check back from time to time to see when the manual appears on the DiamondCS website.

12. MEGAFREAK

MEGAFREAK Registered Member

no I did not add waol.exe, when I only have one process to protect in the demo-test version I certainly would try to protect some system processes like svchost or winlogon instead of waol.

Beside norton av says that pgfree is Adware.Ezula!?

13. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hmm false alarm. Could be to do with anti cracking/disassembly protection built in, please get onto them about that. Definitely a false alarm if you downloaded it from our site !

14. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

fact i have already said here :

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=22143

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.