Process Guard or RegDefend?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Trooper, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I am curious as I have read LOTS of posts here on these forums and these two products.

Im looking to try out one of these great pieces of software for additional security.

Which one would you guys say is a MUST HAVE, since I am only looking to purchase one at the moment.

Thanks for any all thoughts/replies on this.

Jag :D

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Jaguar,

I would say ProcessGuard is probably the first one you should try out, since it is designed to prevent unauthorized execution of programs. There are products such as RegRun or even SpyBot TeaTimer, which you can use to guard your registry. My preferences if for RegDefend because it is proactive, but I think PG is the place to start.

Rich

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Rich,

Thanks for your feedback. I was confused as to which to try out first.

I recently had a pc here get infected with spyware pretty bad. It ended up adding a bunch of nasty sites to my trusted sites for IE, (which I dont use btw).

So that is what made me think about checking out RegDefend. I will check out PG tho via VMWare or Virtual PC first until I get a comfort level with it.

Regards,

Jag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.