Process Guard 3 Beta Questions

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I have a couple of questions. If Pilli is around or Gavin or jason maybe you'd be able to answer as you've had more time with this.

1. I've installed it and ticked everything except "Block New and Changed Programs' - will I be able to reboot? If it happened that I couldn't would I be able to access Safe Mode? Will any of the Global Proection Options stop me from booting or logging on? I won't reboot until I get an answer on this.

2. What does it mean when the icon turns blue? (it's red now)

3. I've just spent over an hour loading applications and adding some to PG - do I have to add them again when I log in to my wife's account? (I hope not)

4. How do I save my settings in case of a re-install so I don't have to set it up all over again?

5. Can I access PG from my wife's account also?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Rebooting will be OK - Safe mode will work on the unlikely chance that normal boot does not work.

Icon blue means there is an alert or series of alerts

I believe they should be added to both but have not tried it personally

The best way to save settings in this beta is to disable Process Guard temporally and copy pghash.dat & pguard.dat to another folder *\windows\system32 is where you will find them. Then re-enable PG.

PG should show on your wifes desktop I believe.

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Thanks very much for that Pilli.

Best

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.