PROCESS EXPLORER V11.31

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kas, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

I have never been able to show the HELP file on this marvellous little program by Mark Russinovich. It has never come through on the download, everything else is OK - I get the message "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled - retype the address". What address ? All I ever do is download, I do not type anything.

Browsing Microsoft Technet, it showed an article by Mark Russinovich dated 10 Dec.08 saying there was a new version of PE - V11.31. Mine was an older version. So I downloaded it. YES everything was there and working EXCEPT the Help file again ! The INDEX shows, but not the dialogue pages.

HELP ! Does anybody else have this problem and if so what do I have to do to get these reluctant pages to come out of their hidey-hole ? I am using Windows XP Home and IE7.
    I do of course have several security programs covering Spyware and AV.

Many thanks and a Very Happy New Year to you all.
    :argh:
    UPDATE 14.14 UK TIME 3 JAN.09
    -------------------------------
    Following the superb reply by Prius, I browsed the websites he stated and THERE was the answer - other people had been affected just the same as me.
    I did a SEARCH and found where the READ file was, it was in File A.
    I checked where the main Process Explorer files were - they were in File B. I then moved the READ file of PE from File A to File B, just like the websites Prius said to do - get all the PE files in ONE place !

Having done that simple change - MY PE NOW HAS ALL THE HELP TEXT AND IS 100% OK.
    Many thanks to Prius for that somewhat simple answer, which cured a problem I have lived with for many months.
    Easy when you know how - is`nt it ?
    ALL OTHER USERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM - PLEASE NOTE
    THANKS PRIUS FROM A GRATEFUL KAS.
    *puppy*

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Aha! That solved it for me. Thanks, Prius!

4. Kas

Kas Registered Member

YABBA-DABBA-DOO Prius ! Your wish is my command.
    I knew this forum was loaded with countless Guru`s.
    I have brought these two websites up and saved them - a very quick look showed that other people have had the same problem and found the solution given.
    I will explore it tomorrow. I am in the UK and the time is 01.00 am so it is rather late. Have to take my enormous Alsatian for walkies yet on a cat search - on lead of course.
    Many thanks
    Kas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.