Process Blocker development

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by softtouch, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I am writing at the moment a program with the working title "Process Blocker".

It is able to block any process from running, and has white and blacklist.

When a process is about to run, a popup is displayed with the caller of the process, and the process which is about to run.
    On that popup are buttons to allow the process to run, to allow and white list the process, to block and to block and black list then process.

Entries can be exchanged between white- and black list, or removed at any time.

It shows all running processes, can suspend/resume processes, and can kill processes using 4 different methods: Sending a WM_CLOSE, sending a WM_QUIT, calling ExitProcess, calling TerminateProcess.

There will be 2 versions of it, one with nicer graphics/gui, and a lightweight version without any graphics, to keep it as small as possible.

The program will be freeware, as usual.

The program is not yet finish, and the ToDo list is still long....
    Functions to automatically add all running processes, or all system processes to the white list is not yet done, but will be implemented soon.

If anybody is interested to test it, and can give feedback whats good and whats bad, I would appreciate that. Just email me (support@freesoftwaretoolbox.com) or PM me here.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

an option to deny/ kill any process that is not it the white list, without any pop up real time monitoring of running processes.
    It,s protection must be driver based and it should be able to see hidden processes.

3. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

It list all running processes, and allow to kill, suspend or resume any of them, independent of the protection (enabled or disabled).

It inject a dll into running (and future processes, with the help of a little driver) processes. It does not need installation and is portable.

Its written in Delphi 2007.

About hidden processes: It is not a rootkit detector or similar, its also not a process manager, its only purpose is to block/allow processes to run, via white/black list and/or user interaction for unknown processes.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.