Procedure for Restoring Image with TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KevinR, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinR

KevinR Registered Member

I am new to using True Image 8. Today I successfully created my first images. My first hard drive is 80 GB and divided into 4 partitions. I have a dual-boot system with Windows XP Pro on one partition (NTFS). I also have linux installed on the / partition (Ext3), with a separate linux swap partition. The 4th partition is a FAT32 partition used to store data and is shared with linux. The image is stored on a partition on a second hard drive. I imaged the entire first drive and the result was 4 image files, each 3.99 GB in size.

My question is this: If I want to restore my whole first drive, what would be the procedure to do this? Do I need to restore each partition separately, one at a time? Or can I choose to restore the whole drive? If I can restore the whole drive at once, will True Image automatically put each partition where it belongs, or will I have to tell it where to restore to? I would like to keep all 4 partitions on the first drive the same and not resize any of them. I would just want to put things back exactly as they were. I'm trying to plan ahead and know what to do when the time comes.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KevinR,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

In order to restore the whole hard disk drive please run the "Restore Image" wizard, select the image file, select to restore the whole hard disk drive from the image and then select your first hard disk drive to restore the image to.

After you press the "Proceed" button Acronis True Image will restore your hard disk drive as it was at the moment of image creation.

You can also restore a single partition. In this case you should select the partition to restore from the image and the partition to restore to.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello KevinR,

I'm assuming your second HD (the one you created the image on) is FAT32. In which case the file size is limited to 4GB and TI will have automatically split the image accordingly. To restore the original HD just select any one of the .tib files of that image set and TI will sort it out for itself.

You can, in fact, check that the 4 .tib files are part of the same image when restoring by selecting the second and subsequent ones in turn. In each case TI should report that it's volume [x] of of multifile archive [Image Filename]. See screenshot below.

Regards

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.