Problems with update 4044+

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ICOM, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICOM

    ICOM Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Posts:
    2
    Approximately half the clients in our office (2:cool: have refused to update past 4044, with the error "Error downloading file from update server". The other half do not appear to have issues, though they may never have been running 4044.

    All clients are configured to connect to http://internal.name.ext:2221, our local mirror on the ESET Remote Administrator Server.

    What's going on, and how can we resolve it?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  2. SmackyTheFrog

    SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Posts:
    767
    Location:
    Lansing, Michigan
    Clear the update cache on the problem clients and then reboot. The next update after they reboot should fix things up.

    If you want to do it without walking around, you can remotely clear the update cache by deleting the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Eset\Eset Antivirus\Updfiles\
     
  3. ICOM

    ICOM Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Posts:
    2
    Thanks. Odd timing though, after fighting it for an hour, clients have suddenly just started updating correctly. I did try and send out a known good configuration, but nothing in it should have been different.
     
  4. bradtech

    bradtech Guest

    Clearing cache at the server level helps also.. Having an internal update server really helps on a lot of issues.. All my clients pretty much grab updates internally without having username or passwords on the clients..
     
  5. LowWaterMark

    LowWaterMark Administrator

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2002
    Posts:
    17,876
    Location:
    New England
  6. SmackyTheFrog

    SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Posts:
    767
    Location:
    Lansing, Michigan
    We started seeing this around 6am today. We restarting the RAS service for our mirror and then clients started fixing themselves like you are describing, but maybe 5% got stuck in that error state where they couldn't update until a full cache clear and reboot. I am guessing that the update module got stuck in an inconsistent state that it couldn't recover from without a full reboot, but who knows.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.