Problems with SpiderMail

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blackcat, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have been running the new Spidermail since it came out of the beta stage and everything seemed to run smoothly. However on bootup this morning the box came up 'Spidermail is not installed would you like to install'. On accepting this I then received a 'SpiderMail Installation error'.

Then I noticed on this site that a new version of Dr Web was available with an integrated SpiderMail. Therefore, I uninstalled, cleaned up with a registry cleaner and installed. On rebooting, after applying my keyfile, Dr Web did not appear. I then installed again as suggested and again nothing came up in the system tray or in running processes. Very Strange! o_O o_O

I then uninstalled, installed back the previous 'spidermailess' version and then installed the new version over this which it recognised- it asked me about the new integrated spidermail - and got the program up and running again but without spidermail again!!

Spidermail appears in the program list and in the Dr Web programs folder and I have tried installing and reinstalling from both places several times with little effect. The Spidermail component will not install. Although not crucial, as the main program will be able to pick up any infected e-mails I would still like the option of using Spidermail. I have also checked previous threads which have suggested cleaning up with registry cleaners which I have done. Any Ideas?

2. Blackcat

Have found this error message in spidermail's log - 'Copy Hook DLL failed with error 32'.

Means nothing to me o_O

3. root

root Registered Member

I think at this point I would contact Dialogue Science support.
    I got mine up and running after several tries without the problems you are mentioning.

4. Blackcat

Have tried several more uninstalls/reinstalls and after one reboot the whole program disappeared!!! Main part of program is now up and running but still no sign of Spidermail!!!!!

I will try a fresh download, then try support at Dialogue Science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.