Problems with secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tmod, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I have a DFI Ultra Infinity NFII motherboard with a add-in Buslink Sata card. The drives on the sata card are in a Raid 0 configuration.

I also have a IDE drive on the primary channel as master.

Everything boots fine until I try to create a secure zone on the IDE drive which is not suppose to boot. Well after the attempted installation of secure zone on this drive my system reports back with no OS and asks for a system disk.

If I remove this disk from my system everything works fine. Now reconnect the disk and it try's once again to boot from that drive.

So I have changed the boot order and boot devices with no luck, It will start to boot into windows and then I get a explorer error and my only choice is to shut it down and disconnect the secure zone drive.

I have tried with two different drives that exhibit no problems except when secure zone is installed on them.

My Sata drives are Hitachi's and the IDE drive is a Western Digital.

Any ideas on the problem and yes I am using the latest version of True Image.

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tmod,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know where you have created Acronis Secure Zone and the version of Acronis program? Also please connect two drives in your computer (IDE drive on the primary channel as master), then please do the following:

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this tread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

Hi,

Before I do the report utility thing I am wondering if secure zone is suppose to create the disk in the following manner.

0: Vol C:/Primary partition/FAT_32/Size 47.0M/Used758K/Free46.3M/Boot Yes
    1: Extended partition/Size 74.5G/Boot No
    2: Logical/Other/74.5G/Boot No

BTW: This is a Western Digital 80GB IDE Drive.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello Tmod,

The report will show the exact partition layout you have on all the drives connected when you create the report. It will allow us to tell you whether Acronis Secure Zone was created correctly or not.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

But the report won't show correctly since the only way I can get it to boot is to change the boot order and turn off the secure zone drive boot(set to yes as default) and I have to change it to No.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Tmod,

The report will show everyhting correctly because you will need to boot from floppy drive changing this setting in BIOS. The content of MBR and other information on the drive will stay untouched. You don't need to turn off the boot ability of Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.