Problems with Quicken after installing NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mysterious, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysterious

mysterious Registered Member

After installing NOD32, I cannot update Quicken (which downloads my banking to my quicken file). It says it cannot connect. If I disable IMON it will work, but as soon as I enable IMON it won't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

myste

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello mysterious....Welcome to Wilders,

I would suggest adjusting compatability setting for the Quicken entry that you find in Nod32 Control Center > IMON > Setup > HTTP tab > Client complatibility and if the Browser [User agent] for Quicken is set to Higher efficiency....then change it to Higher compatibility or vice versa and see what happens.

Bubba

3. mysterious

Thank you for you quick reply and help....My Quicken program is not listed under the browser (User agents) How do I get it there? Maybe that is the problem.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

One can not add it....Nod32 detects the HTTP action and adds it. Perhaps it is using a name that's not easily recognizable ? If there's not many....perhaps you could list them here if you wish. Or you could attempt to add the proper Quicken entry in the Exclusion area.

Nod32 Control Center > IMON > Setup > Miscellaneous tab > Exclusion

Bubba

5. mysterious

I tried the exclusions, but when I went to update my Quicken, it just shut down Quicken immediately. My browser (user agent) are Adobe Online Services and gSOAP/2.3 and IDMan 4.1 and Mozilla/5.0 and NOD32Update and Quick Time and SCAgent. I went and changed all of them to Higher efficiency but Quicken still didn't work.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try turning off IDM (I gather this is your download manager) and see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers :D

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps there are more Quicken executables that need to be excluded. I assume there's no chance to test it myself as it's an application that communicates with a bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.