Problems with Dr Web SpiderMail

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blackcat, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I reformatted my hard drive recently and when installing Dr Web I forgot to apply my key-file before rebooting. So I uninstalled, installed the program again but Spidermail would not now install. o_O

I contacted Dr Web support who told me to "Execute a command- spiderml.exe - remove".

I ran the above under the command prompt from the start menu but I keep getting the message- "spiderml.exe not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Any helpers, please? I am running Win 2000 and SP3.

2. root

root Registered Member

You need to go to the command prompt and at the C:_ prompt type cd Program Files\ DrWeb and hit enter. You will then see C:\Program Files\DrWeb_ . Then type spiderml.exe - remove .
    You should then get a prompt to reboot.
    If you really have problems, you can download the new version of DrWeb, uninstall the old version if you want, but probably not necessary, but leave the keyfile in place. Run the new installer and on the first install, do not select update, just install it.
    Reboot. If spidermail is not installed, rerun the installer and select update when you get to that choice.
    I think it's update, if I remember correctly.

3. Blackcat

Many thanks root for your quick reply. I am up and running again with Spider Mail. ;)

4. root

root Registered Member

Glad to help. Can't have people running around unprotected. :D

5. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Blackcat, what did you end up doing? The command Prompt or reinstalling?
    Regards
    Tim

6. Blackcat

Tag; I could not reload with the command prompt that root suggested.

So I uninstalled the old version, removed all registry entries with RegSeeker and installed the new version twice. Spidermail now up and running.

However, I have had several problems with this part of the program since it came out of the beta stage so I am crossing my fingers this time.

Incidentally I am trialing Virus Chaser on my other computer as it uses the Dr Web engine but with an improved interface. It has a quaranteen function but no spidermail equivalent. I like it so far but there are a few problems which I will post on later.

Maybe an AV program to watch for in the future.

Regards; Alan
    l

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.