Problems testing RAV Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by crazykidjoe, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazykidjoe

crazykidjoe Registered Member

I've recently installed RAV to give it a test run. I currently had KAV 4.5 beta on my box. It seems that when the icon is visible in the task bar, my computer is very slow and has trouble connecting to the internet. I'm am using XP Pro, ZA, Proxomitron, Cookie Pal andTrojan Hunter. Do any of these programs conflict with RAV? I would like to re-install it and give it a good test. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks c

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have replied to your original message over at DSL reports.

I had original problems with the DEFAULT settings for the RAV Monitor. They are set to scan ALL files. Change this to SCAN ONLY EXTENSIONS. I found there was no slowdown at all after changing to this setting :D

This slowdown is very similar to that seen with the KAV Monitor settings, which also needed tweaking. In fairness to RAV, they do state that the ALL FILE SCANNING will slow down your machine.

I also found that RAV was also very sensitive to any other AV installed.

If you find that changing the Monitor settings or uninstalling any other AV programs has no effect, it is probably some conflict between RAV and other software on your machine.

Another advantage with RAV is after the first year, renewal is only 20% of the original costs i.e less than $6 at the present time.

3. crazykidjoe

crazykidjoe Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat. I'm on my way to check out you reply. Thanks again.c

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Disable TH and uninstall Kaspersky. Use version 8.6.105 (any 8xx version should be fine).

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.