problems switching networks with Vista

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by villyb, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. villyb

villyb Registered Member

I am having issues when I am moving my laptop between my home and office. I am connected at home and then suspend and go into the office. When I get to the office and resume, I can not access any network services until I turn the personal firewall off. Once I am connected I can turn the firewall on again with no problems. Both my home and office networks are trusted networks. I am using Vista SP2 and ESET Smart Security 3.0.650.0. This problem occurs consistently.

Does anyone have any advice for how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. clyde123

clyde123 Registered Member

Hi, same response as in another post today :
    Change the firewall setting to Interactive when you get to work. Try to connect and you should get the window to OK that connection. Don't forget to check "remember" and "allow".
    Then after it (presumably) works fine, change the setting back to Automatic.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Was the new network successfully detected and added to the trusted zone?

4. villyb

villyb Registered Member

I have interactive mode turned on and I have previously set my work network to be a trusted network. I have also confirmed this in the trusted zones section of advanced setup.

I am not prompted to reconfirm that zone when I go to my office. I am able to connect to the wireless access point but I can not make any outbound connections until I stop the firewall and restart it.

Is there anything else I can check? Thank you.

5. villyb

villyb Registered Member

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop and I am using the Lenovo Access connection manager on Vista. Are there any known compatibility issues with this configuration?

6. clyde123

clyde123 Registered Member

Within the rules (rule & zone setup) do you see green ALLOWs all across for this entry ?
    Also check the expand for the same thing.

Actually, I just re-read your first post : "When I get to the office and resume,"
    Try switching off the computer before taking it to the office. It might be that the computer still thinks it's on your home network. Power up the computer once you arrive at work, so it can recognise the new network.

7. villyb

villyb Registered Member

Removing Lenovo's network agents and reducing the amount of networks set to auto connect seems to have worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.