Problems running files from mapped drive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by debriw, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debriw

debriw Registered Member

I have just installed the Home version of NOD32 and I like it's performance. But when I try to run a file from a mapped drive across my network, I get the following error message without fail:

----
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
    ----

I am able to get rid of this error message by removing Network drives from the Real-time file system protection settings (under Media to scan). While this certainly works, I would rather leave on all the protection as I do not know whether this actually reduces my overall protection with NOD32.

I have tried this on both Windows XP Pro SP2 and SP3 systems (one is a laptop the other a desktop). Before installing I have no trouble running network files, and after changing that setting it works fine.

I haven't found anything here about this, so I would appreciate any thoughts.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please paste here the information about EAV you have installed (Help - About, or right-click the system tray icon - About)

3. debriw

debriw Registered Member

Virus signature database: 3199 (20080619)
    Update module: 1024 (20080514)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1120 (20080612)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1071 (20080509)
    Archive support module: 1079 (20080509)
    Cleaner module: 1030 (20080513)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just to make sure, is the program version shown above this information actually 3.0.667?

5. debriw

debriw Registered Member

Actually it states 3.0.657.0. I just downloaded this 2 days ago after purchase.

I will download the latest version (I saw the sticky, didn't realize the latest wasn't included) and will let you know what happens.

6. debriw

debriw Registered Member

Ok, I downloaded the latest build and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.