Problems Restoring images from Network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tonysch, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysch

tonysch Registered Member

I have TI Ent. version 1213 installed on a server farm. All 6 servers are imaged via the management client to a NAS device. I am trying to test/restore a server with no avail(it has worked OK in the past). During restore I browse the computer group, access the server, type in the group\username and password. I can see the shares but when I click the plus sign none of the subdirectories are available. I have even tried typing in the URL manually but no go.

I tried an older copy of TI 8 ver 768 and this does work correctly. Am I doing something incorrectly to get these results. I need some kind of resolve because 3 of my client use this software, if they are unable to restore in a time of need heads will roll... o_O

Please help.
    Thank you in advance,
    Tony

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tony,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you try to restore an image in Windows or in rescue mode?

If you restore the image in Windows, please clarify whether you try to restore it on the local server.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. tonysch

tonysch Registered Member

Could you please clarify whether you try to restore an image in Windows or in rescue mode?
    If I attempt to restore through the Windows management consol everything works. When I attempt to restore with the bootable recovery disk I can access the server and the directories but I cannot access the network subdirectories where the images are stored.

If I use and older version of true image 8 ver 768 bootable cdrom I can restore without problems

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tony,

Could you please do the following?

- Boot from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows and press F11 key when "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear.

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also provide us with the more detailed information on your network structure (hardware and software vendors, models, versions, etc.).

What operating system is installed on the server where the network share you are trying to access is located?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.