Problems restoring files from entire disk backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neilr9, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neilr9

neilr9 Registered Member

Hi,

Using True Image 9 (2273), I make a complete backup of my hard disk including the partition.

I then want to install individual files from this archive, not the whole disk. So, I got to the restore option, 'Restore specified files or folders' , choose 'New location' and select the files I want from the archive.

Every time I do this the restored files are corrupted. Some are zero bytes in length.

Am I doing something wrong here ? I tried restoring from a 'files only' backup and that seems to work, but the appplication gives me the option to restore files from a complete disk backup, so I would have thought it should work. Any ideas?

Neil

2. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Registered Member

Have you tried 'pluging' the image and then copying the files ?

3. neilr9

neilr9 Registered Member

Thank you Snakeyes. I used 'Plug Image' to restore to a disk drive and I am able to make copies of the files, and they are fine.

Reading other posts it looks like other people have had the same issue when restoring files directly from the full partition backup. This looks like a bug. If not, Acronis should remove the capability to do this from the product.

In the meantime I will use 'Plug Image'.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.