Problems loading new tds

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rainwalker, Jul 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I can download new TDS-3. SEEMS to install but when I try to open it I get a dialog box thanking me for trying it and informing me that my trial period is over. Your welcome I'm sure, but I ain't got no trial v. :p I did a clean install.....when asked if I wanted to delete 'those files' I said no...... no luck.....I said yes.....still no luck. Downloaded from site (DSC) a second time and same thing happened. Can anyone throw a bit of light this way? :doubt:

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Are you sure you have your registration file in your TDS directory? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause that error. If it is there, maybe its corrupt and needs to be copied over with a backup copy?

3. Rainwalker

Thanks for getting right back Dan I was thinking(?) I added that to the directory after opening. I'll try before this time. :oops:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Rainmaker, In the final release, you may not have noticed that the default TDS3 directory has changed from C:\TDS3 to C:\programme files\TDS3. So if you did not alter the path to install into the original directory your keyfile will not be found.

If this is so, either re-install to your original directory or move your keyfile.

Some time ago we had a discussion about the default directory and it was thought better to choose a directory of your own making as this could be more secure from some malware that looks for the default install path.

HTH Pilli

5. Rainwalker

Hi Pilli,
    I saw the path was different but had already deleted older version. I had put key file on floppy so did a copy/paste. Aware of discussion. Thank you for your considerate post though. :) By the way, it is Rainwalker........ never never Rainmaker....jeeeezzzzz
    :D I live in a Rain Forest.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Cheers Rainwalker, M &W Hmm must have been reading it upside down :oops:

Living in the UK I can imagine a rainforest - A bit like Manchester without the heat :p Apologies to any Mancurians out there - I live in the "Soft South"

7. Rainwalker

Hey Pilli
    Just saw your post. For some strange reason I can not get the smiles to work. They have always worked before. Hmmm.... I'll take a closer look some other time. Anywhy, let me say this; I have been to Manchester and it would be one of me top favorite places to go should I ever feel the need to work on me tan....LOVE the UK..... but rain... you have no idea!!
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.