Problems copying files thru wifi

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MasterTB, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I have 2 PC's connected to a WiFi modem/Router (TpLink) for internet acces and a small home network.
    One of the pc's is hardwired to the router, the other (my Notebook) has acces via the WiFi adapter (Atheros), both run ESS 3.0.667the problem is that when I try to copy files from one pc to the other ESS tells me that there is an attack from the notebook to the pc or viceversa and I loose conection between both pc's (the log in Spanish sais: 09/07/2008 01:51:22 p.m. Ataque detectado de falta de sincronización Inversa TCP 192.168.1.3:51531 to 192.168.1.2:139 TCP)
    It's a reverse syincronization TCP attack if I'm not translating it wrong, and I ask how in the hell is this possible??
    Whell if I disable ESS I can copy just fine either way so this software is detecting something that is no there but I don't know how to fix it !!
    Any IDeas??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't think it's a false positive. Most likely your router casts packets in different sequential order which results in attack detection. A log from Wireshark with TCP packets filtered out would eventually shed more light and would help us to tell whether your router is the culprit or whether it's a sort of false positive.

3. MasterTB

Marcos:

I managed to get a dump from Wireshark while I was copying files but even though I did it for only a few seconds it is 9Mb's long, where do I send it to??

Edit: I cannot upload .rar/zip or dmp files, where do I send the logs?. I have a smaller dump file, I navigated to my notebook and copied a 1.2 MB pdf document to the PC.
    Hope this works. I have a bigger dump from an avi file copied to the notebook but it is 9MB long and I don't know where to send it.
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Would it make the log smaller if you copy a small file? I'll PM you details as to where you can upload the log.

5. MasterTB

Yes It does make the logs smaller but the problem happens when I copy large files, usually after a minute or so from the transfer start.
    I will send you all the logs I have.
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.