problems and ideas for v5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by BALTAGY, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BALTAGY

BALTAGY Registered Member

first eset is the best antivirus programs,

problems:
    1- after update eset take a lot of ram if i leave my pc for a long time like days eset take more ram until i must reboot the system
    2- eset take a long time in setup and uninstall

before futures i must say that eset as a program is the best but need more futures to be the best in 0 day protection so that's my ideas

futures:
    1- eset doesn't remove effected registry keys
    2- make parental control as an option in installation
    3- antivirus must start before any programs in startup
    4- add an option to update in context menu in system try icon
    5- add option in firewall to control via mac address and ip together
    6- make the default context menu only clean for normal user
    7- eset must be able to remove the virus inside archive without deleting the hole archive
    8- add an option to disable parental control log
    9- merge notification alert in multi virus detect in one
    10- in web scan when eset detect a virus it must blocked the site with blocked screen
    11- add option to scan Social Network
    12- add option for Search Advisor
    13- add option to clean viruses before system start
    14- new future i didn't see before, what if antivirus can fix registry when remove the virus like virus that disable task manager so antivirus remove it and enable it again

-that's for now but there's an important thing i must say that updates virus signature some late and don't detect most of malware and viruses, eset must be very fast to detect most of new virus and malware fastly ( 0 day detection )

- eset must improve anti phishing so it can block must of malware and infected sites

i hope to see eset the best antivirus program in detection and options

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. zizoshx13

zizoshx13 Registered Member

Hello,

More options in parental control:: an option that let u block downloading Videos, Music, Archives and programs

3. BALTAGY

any reply!!

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

1- eset doesn't remove effected registry keys

eset modify the necessary registry keys for threat neutralization.
    how to distinguish from keys modified by user/goodware and threats?
    2- make parental control as an option in installation

parental control is enabled by default, but filtering doesnt occurs until an user has been restricted and logged in with limited privileges.
    You can disable or even deintegrate it, but i cant notice any slowdown.
    3- antivirus must start before any programs in startup

startup scanner check all files run at startup.
    4- add an option to update in context menu in system try icon

if your antivirus system is outdated, an option in the tray menu will appear

7- eset must be able to remove the virus inside archive without deleting the hole archive

i for one, dont think that recompression would be a great idea, especially for big size archives containing too much files.

10- in web scan when eset detect a virus it must blocked the site with blocked screen

it is blocked, unless intervention is required for some reasons.

13- add option to clean viruses before system start

already implemented

5. BALTAGY

1- eset modify the necessary registry keys for threat neutralization.
    how to distinguish from keys modified by user/goodware and threats?

that's easy because they must know what virus do to system so they fix it and that's for normal user will be useful

2- parental control is enabled by default, but filtering doesnt occurs until an user has been restricted and logged in with limited privileges.
    You can disable or even deintegrate it, but i cant notice any slowdown.

if i will not use it why i install it?

3- startup scanner check all files run at startup.

if antivirus start lately how to remove the virus then i tried this before and eset didn't able to remove the virus

4- if your antivirus system is outdated, an option in the tray menu will appear

should i wait for my eset product to be outdated to see this menu in v4 i can update it manually from try icon

7- i for one, dont think that recompression would be a great idea, especially for big size archives containing too much files.

i think remove just the virus from archives better than remove the hole archive

10- it is blocked, unless intervention is required for some reasons.

it's block a little but the normal of eset u can download the virus then it detect it!! and if you download it with idm it will be repeated many times until you stop it!

13- already implemented

no, i talk about screen before windows start up to remove the virus like bitdefender

finally your replay i respect it but it's not replay you want from me to use it like that, but i want eset to be better and i need to feel completely safe with it

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Then wait for replies from eset :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.