Problems after upgrading NOD32 on File Server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by EnGenie, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomha

tomha Registered Member

Similar Problem here!

SBS 2003 SP2 fully patched, NOD32 AV 3.0.642.0 German

After some hours of work the network shares of the server aren´t reachable, GPO´s can not distribute and client logons are painful slow. A Reboot of the Server resolves the Issue for some hours again.
    There are no corresponding events in eventlog, sometimes we see userenv events(105:cool: when the problem occurs and a client goes up.
    The Server did not freeze till yet, as it was mentioned in other similar threads.

This behaviour didn´t occur with NOD32 V2.7.

Usually im doing remote administration on this server but if i could reproduce the error i could go to this server for fourther investigations.
    I tried to send a PM to an eset moderator offeringto collect some information from the faulty server, but te PM system of this forum seems to be down. Trying later, if some admins read this post they can try to contact me via email(thomas.hajek@medv.at).

Best Regards
    tomha

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. zukutu

zukutu Registered Member

Same problem to our servers too.

After installing version 3 to Win2k3, File Servers start to halt every now and then.

Nothing on event viewer and I even call microsoft, the cannot find the problem either.

On thing that I did on one of the file server, I remove all the permission on the shared folder and added EVERYONE permission only.

Server has been running great for 2 weeks with NOD ver 3 installed.

3. node8

node8 Registered Member

Count me in with those experiencing server hanging on Dell Poweredge, dual quad Xeon, Windows 2003 R2 64 bit with Active Directory and exchange. Server shares become inaccessible, exchange hoses and cannot remote into server. Reboot fixes for about a week. Hope to see a fix or workaround soon!

4. jerick70

jerick70 Registered Member

I have this same issue on a Windows 2003 R2 system that is a file server. One difference in this system is that it is a guest on a VMWare ESX 3 host. But I am getting the total system lock when users browse to shares. I cannot test this on a production file server but I will be happy to test on another one of my servers. I'll send a PM to one of the MODs to get this going.

5. Konos

Konos Registered Member

I have a very similar problem. Let me share my experience.....

I am migrating to ESET from CA eTrust (Used to be Inoculate IT before they turned evil). I removed eTrust from the server and installed NOD32 V3 then configured exclusions for my SQL databases and turned off network drive monitoring to be safe.

At this stage, none of the workstations have been migrated. They look to the internet for their updates, not the server and they are all set to ignore network drives so i figured i would do those later.

All seemed to be fine after the server update.... I was happy for a smooth changeover which I did remotely but then after about 3hrs my mobile starts ringing..... client computers cannot access their network drives and their computers are locking up on them.

I rebooted the server, not yet convinced that the AV was at fault. All came good again and the rest of the afternoon is happy sailing so i went home.....

Morning comes....

The beautiful music that my darling concubine is playing to me is not actually real. It is the rotten jingling sounds of my phone tearing me away from my happy place in slumber land....... Hello?.. I see.. Again?... What? Everyone?... OK i'll fix it now....

Now none of the workstations can access their network drives... bugger. So I clamber out bed and log in to the server via rdp... slower logon than usual but not too bad. I remove NOD32 V3 from the server and reboot leaving it naked in the grass... I leave it this way for two days and no sign of trouble from the workstations.

At this point i have concluded that no, the Gods didn't like what i did last weekend and are now punishing me and the server will have to wait for its AV until i nut it out. I figured i might as well migrate the workstations as i have seen NOD32 V3 Home running successfully on XP so i use remote install to push out NOD32 AV V3 Business onto one station only that i can use to make a config file. I load the software, reboot the PC and configure my exclusions. I turn off network drive monitoring and i leave it in situ for for a while to see how it behaves. Several hours later, the user of that workstation makes my phone jingle, complaining that when he logs on, his computer locks up completely... no response from mouse or keyboard... Windows XP does not finish loading its profile. After uninstalling from safe mode, there is no AV but no logon or network problems either...

After reading that many others are punished by the same Gods as myself, I have decided to roll back to V2.7 until i hear of some progress regarding the matter.

I will share any other experiences i have which might relate.

Below are the specs of the server if this helps... Yes i know it need upgrading.

-----------

Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4 (build 2195)
    Primary Domain Controller

2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    512 MB RAM
    Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
    Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Controller
    Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  6. ittech

ittech Registered Member

Just keep using V2.7 for now, V3 is way too green and we haven't been able to roll it out at even one customer site without issues, hangups, performance reduction, etc...

7. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

I just thought I might post in this thread that there have been some new developments. If interested please take a look at this thread, last page. I have had major problems running version 3 on my servers, but some new testing I'm doing is extremely promising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.