Problems after uninstalling ESET mobile 30 day trial

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Barnstormer, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnstormer

Barnstormer Registered Member

I have very recently installed the ESET 30 day trial onto an HTC HD2 running Windows Mobile 6.5. The software worked very well and I ran a few scans with it, but I needed to uninstall the program before the 30 days was out. So I removed the software using "Remove Programs" in Windows Mobile. It asked me if I wanted to uninstall, I said yes, and it seemed to uninstall ok. But when I restart the device, I see the following message every time:

"The file 'EsetOAMobile' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a truested certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file".

If I click ok, the message clears and the phone loads into Windows Mobile as normal. But I don't want to be clicking OK to this error message every single time I fire up my new phone.

I have not yet tried reinstalling and reactivating Eset Mobile on the device, and will try this later. In the mean time, what is the correct method for uninstalling the software fully please, without crapping up my phone? If Uninstall Programs doesn't work, is there some other way? I'll not be resetting my device.

If Eset's the kind of software you install and can never get rid of fully, I'll think twice before paying for the full version.

Thanks for any help!

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Barnstormer,

After the phone boots up, do you see ESET still on the device? Also, are there any ESET files or folders remaining on the phone?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Barnstormer

Hi Richard,

When I start the phone, I see the error message I mentioned before then when I click OK it clears. Windows finishes loading and everything seems normal. I don't see Eset in the programs menu and it's no longer in the remove programs list either. I'm not entirely sure what Eset folders/files I'm looking for and more importantly where I should look for them, I'm going to have a look and see what I can find.

Many thanks for your help

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Check under your File explorer -> Program files and see if the ESET folder or ESET Mobile Antivirus is there.

If not, try to install and uninstall again.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. Barnstormer

Thanks Richard,

I'll try that tonight and update the thread to say how I got on.

Have a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.