Problems accessing certain webpages

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Garyjclark, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garyjclark

Garyjclark Registered Member

I'm running XP Home/SP2 and recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005. Since then I have to have it disabled most of the time because it won't let me access certain sites (for instance - Amazon). However, even when disabled, I struggle to access certain sites (particularly banking sites). My ISP is AOL... and with many sites I can access through AOL browser (which I don't want to use), but not IE, Mozilla or Opera.

I uninstalled Norton, but my computer still had some issues with certain sites... so I re-installed it.

Before I installed Norton in the first place, I didn't have any problems at all. I've checked the settings in the software and in the browers, and can't see anything obvious that I need to turn on/off.

It's just annoying, needing to fight for every download. On one banking site I have to log onto my work network from home via a VPN and access the internet from there.... is it Norton ? Is it AOL ? Is it something else ?

Any help gratefully received

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.