problem with WormGuard

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by motdaugrnds, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds Registered Member

:rolleyes:
    Hello everyone. Hope this new year is treating you all well.

I pulled up my WormGuard program to see if there were any updates; and discovered a message that concerns me. I put a picture of this program (with its message) in my PROBLEMS folder hoping someone in here can ease my mind by helping me understand and fix any problem that might have occurred.

As stated on my html page in the PROBLEMS folder, I had just ran TDS-3 and it did NOT find any trojans. I had just ran SpyBot and it had NOT found any spyware. I had just run my AVG and Gladiator (I use both) and neither found any virus. (All had just been updated prior to scanning.)

I would appreciate someone taking a look at what TDS-3 found and letting me know what to do. It can be seen at http://motdaugrnds.250free.com/PROBLEMS

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi motdaugrnds,

The screen you are showing on your page is no reason to worry. That is where you can configure Wormguard.
    One thing you can change there is the text that displays when you try to run something that WG is protecting you against. Have a look at the screen-shots here.
    That is why that text is displayed. To give you the ability to change it.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi motdaugrnds,

Yep, as Pieter says, it's just the window for your message alert when trying to execute an extension that you have in the "Blocked-List Editor" like VBS

See my pic: You just put your cursor in there and leftclick to get into the window then highlight the type already in there [have to click and hold then drag, Ctrl/A does not work] and simply overtype with the message you want it to say.

Cheers. :)

PS That thread Pieter linked will also explain how to test WG for you to play with. If using a VBS test file, make sure you add VBS to the "Blocked-List Editor" then click 'Done'.

Make the test file, then try and "execute" it.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.