Problem with TrueImageCmd.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brownstone, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownstone

brownstone Registered Member

I am trying to use TrueImageCmd.exe to consolidate some backups but I am having difficulty opening my archives. The same archives I can open and manipulate with Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server so I know the files are ok.

The command that I am trying to run is

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoEnterpriseServer\TrueImageCmd.exe /pit_info /filename:\\servername\backuppath\backup_file.tib

but instead of returning the list of pits it gives me the error

ERROR! Unable to read archive information.

I know that it is able to find the file because if I put in a path that I know is not valid it gives me this different error message.

ERROR! Unable to open archive (1).

I also don't believe it is a permissions issue because both the GUI, which is able to open the archive, and TrueImageCmd.exe, which cannot, run as administrator.

If anyone has an idea what I can do I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Jason

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brownstone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please try using the following syntax:
    C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoEnterpriseServer\TrueImageCmd.exe /pit_info /filename:\\servername\backuppath\backup_file.tib /net_user:[username] /net_password:[password]
    with username and password values for the respective network share.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. brownstone

brownstone Registered Member

Hello Marat,

Thank you for the help. The domain user and password was not the problem but your tip pointed me in the right direction. The issue was that the archive is password protected but I had not included the /password: switch with the password.

Thanks again for the help.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brownstone,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.