Problem with TI 9.1 Server for Windows and Asus P5B Motherboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrish, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Hello,

I am having a problem with ATI 9.1 Server and a computer I am trying to make an image of. The problem is that when I boot off the bootable CD, I get error messages and it never boots into TrueImage from the CD. This is when booting into normal mode. When I try to boot into safe mode, it boots successfully but is very sluggish and says it is going to take four hours to image this 5 gig partition. This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo machine with an SATA hard drive, imaging from one partition to another.

Here is a capture of the error message I get:
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7657/acroniserrortc2.jpg

The other concern this raises is that I would not be able to restore the image to the computer if the drive should fail. Sure, I could transfer the image and hard drive and all over to another computer and restore it that way, but for what this software costs that's really going a long way around to get that job done.

Bottom line: I am unable to image this computer via the bootable CD. I can make the image with the full version of the program installed in Windows, but I do not wish to have this program installed on the server; I would prefer to boot off the CD.

Is there a patch/update for this? If not, is there some other workaround to get the program to boot into normal mode?

Version 9.1 Build 3,854

Computer Specs:
    -Asus P5B Deluxe
    -Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
    -2gb DDR2 RAM
    -Maxtor SATA 80gb Hard Drive
    -ATI X1950XTX Video

Thanks for any assitance.

2. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Anyone?

3. jsolo

jsolo Registered Member

I am ill versed at reading linux screen dumps, however, I offer the following.

In your system bios, disable absolutely anything and everything that's not needed. For example, usb (unless you have a usb keyboard, or can use a regular ps/2 keyboard for testing), audio, lan, onboard raid, etc..

I do mean anything and everything not needed for the fundamental functioning of the system.

Try rerunning the bootable media disk, see what happens.

Above is usually the process I take with any machine giving me fits to boot or load an OS. Same can be applied here.

Good luck!

4. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152497 (ignore the error in the subject for this thread) as you can see this is a known problem with Acronis. I'd recommend you add your request for this to be fixed to the thread then raise a support ticket at the Acronis website and they will supply a custom boot CD for you that will work.

Thanks,
    Phasechange

5. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the custom boot CD route.

6. royalscam

royalscam Registered Member

The problem is this make sure you set the sata setting in the bios to compatible. this will solve it I was getting the exact same error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.