Problem with TeamViewer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have been using TeamViewer to access a computer remotely. It works flawlessly. The remote compter is XP SP3 with all updates.

I am now trying to access a different computer and am having a minor problem. It seem that my view of the cursor on the remote computer is off (to the right by about 1/8 of an inch). This means that if I want to click, for example, on a radio button, I have to click slightly to the right of the button. This is annoying but I can live with it if necessary.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? The only obvious difference is that the second computer I am accessing is vista home with aero. In both cases I am connecting from the same computer (XP SP3) to access the two remote computers.

Thanks,
    Len

2. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

When you open TeamViewer, in the main windows menu bar there's an entry called Extra's (in my dutch version), in other versions it's probably called Tools. Click that.
    The TeamViewer Options window opens: go to Tab Remote Control.
    Under the section Display there's a drop down box which opens up some selectable options for Quality. I would suggest to play with those. I had a minor problem with some sessions when I used it for one of my clients and that solved it. I was running XP Pro SP3.
    Maybe it also works for you.

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Thank you BJ!

I will try it as soon as I get home. TeamViewer is a lifesaver for me - working with my son's computer at school! I'll let you know if it works out - I'm confident it will.

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

None of those settings totally fixed it. But I did check off "show remote cursor" and that helps. Even though my cursor is still off a bit, I can see where the remote cursor is pointing - and that is almost as good. Certainly good enough for what I want to do.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

5. Furman

Furman Registered Member

Hi, do you know how to hide teamviewer icon in the tray ? o_O is it possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.