Problem with TDS3 Mutex

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Of course I get a popup for verification when loading TDS3 and PG is not on learning mode. It started popping up two more boxes after I Permit on the first one . It will lock up the computer. I have to reboot and put PG on learning mode then load TDS3.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, Do you have TDS3 on autostart? If so please start it manually after everything else has loaded or schedule it for a delayed start.

HTH Pilli

3. WilliamP

No Pilli I never could have TDS3 start with everything else. I allways start it after all has settled down.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Willaim, I assume you are talking about ProcessGuards Security list pop up?
    TDS3 should be set as permit always and any of it's daughter processes such as CRCchect and Execution Protection. DCSmutex changes quite often as part of the TDS3 update.
    As an aside you cannot add Secure Message Handling to a Permit once protected process.

If this is not what you mean can you give us more information to work on please :)

HTH Pilli

5. WilliamP

Pilli I am used to that popup. It is when ok Mutex that two more boxes pop up.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Willam, I am still not clear of which pop up you are talking about, is it a security alert pop up or an HID pop up?
    Maybe a screenshot would help us see your problem.

Thanks. Pilli

7. WilliamP

Ok Pilli it happened today and maybe it is normal. After the TDS3 update and I shut off TDS3 and reload I get the attached popup then after I click on Permit then I get a HID box. After I permit it why does it need a HID?

Attached Files:

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This is normal. Every update of TDS changes the mutex file, and so being different will be challenged by PG. Shows it's doing it's job.

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, It is because you have Secure Meassge handling (SMH) on TDS3. Try disabling SMH and then re-enabling SMH on TDS-3.exe. You should not need SMH on DSCmutex.exe if you have added SMH to dcsmutex then remove it, in fact I don't think SMH needs to be on the protection list but just on the Security list, I expect PG picked it up in learning mode as it did on mine.

HTH Pilli

10. WilliamP

Dcmutex is on the protected list but SMH is not enabled. On the security list it is permit once.

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Just remove it from the protection list and see what happens. DCSmutex does change quite often but I would give it the permit always as you will be asked again when it changes with a TDS3 update probablt once or twice a week.

HTH Pilli

12. WilliamP

Ok Pilli I have removed it from the protected list and changed the security to Permit Allways. Thanks for the help. Love my PG! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.