Problem with Spywareguard & ZoneAlarm True Vector

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by beetlejuice, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I'm having a problem with Spywareguard v 1.1.0 and ZA True vector Service v 3.5.169.002. After being online when exiting AOL, my True Vector engine will shut down. ZA is still up, just not the TVector engine. After some experimintation, I found that it only happens when Spywareguard is operating with spyware protection enabled. Also when SG protection is running, my computer will not shutdown properly (blue screen). Turning off Spywareguard protection or the entire program solves both of these problems. Any suggestions? I'm running W98SE, pIII 450Mhz, WD 45gig HD, 384 mb ram. Thanks. Steve

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Very interesting - I'll go try to duplicate this on a similarly configured machine shortly.

I can say that I have never encountered such issues but (as I've stated in numerous other threads) v 2.0 of SpywareGuard should include some workarounds and potential fixes (I'm sorry I can't go into more detail at this point, but the new version is still being worked on, and some features are not yet set in stone).

It sounds like this could somehow be related to AOL. Certainly, SpywareGuard should not be interfering with the TrueVector service...

In any case, I'll get back to you with more details if I am able to successfully duplicate this issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

:D Javacool, You are the greatest. A reply in less than 10 minutes. :D That's got to be a record. Thanks for looking into this. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.