Problem with SG Browser Hijacking

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by three4ever, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three4ever

three4ever Registered Member

Okay, I cannot lie, I am a Newbie to the computer world.
    I run Windows XP. I have Norton SystemWorks, Spyguard,SG Browser Hijacking, CyberScrub and SpyBot S&D.
    Yesterday I got a browser change notice. I checked No and got this box that reads:
    Run-time Error '5':
    Invalid procedure or argument. I have tried everything and cannot get rid of it. I shut off the Browser feature and it was gone for a while but, it is back this morning.
    Thanks for the help! also, I just downloaded this on Friday and I checked and it is the 2.6 version.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Do you recall what change you were notified of? i.e. was it a browser setting change or a new BHO?

TIA. :)

-Javacool

3. rusty-412

rusty-412 Registered Member

If you are running v. 2.6 it is SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard is at version 2.1...

4. three4ever

Sorry, I do not knowwhat BHO is. My husband had used my system while I was out and downloaded some adult thing. It added a toolbar to my browser (IE). I deleted the download, to the message no, not to change my browser. Later when I opened it up is when I found that toolbar. I right clicked on it and it was gone. I then ran all of my spyware programs and scrubers. I uninstalled Spyguard and Spyblaster and re did them but I still keep getting that same pop up box saying it is an error '5'.

5. javacool

Is it SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard that produces the error? Am I correct in guessing it is SpywareGuard? (i.e. you can open a run SpywareBlaster without any problems?)

TIA. :)

-Javacool

6. javacool

Also - the following would help me greatly:

In your SpywareGuard folder (usually C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard) there may be a file named "sglog.txt" or just "sglog". If it is present, could you please open it, and copy and paste the contents to post here? If it isn't present, could you please let me know? TIA. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. three4ever

Javacool, thank you for your help.
    No, the sglog is not there. Also, the warning at the top says SG Browser Blaster...if that is of any help. I am still getting ever few seconds. I say ok it is gone for a minute then it is back. Thanks.

8. three4ever

Get this:
    Since I checked for sglog for Javacool, went out of it and responded ......it is gone. The problem just went away after I closed the SpyGuard folder. So, I guess my problem is solved. Thanks JavaCool.
    How do I get Karma?? I do not have any, well I think I do...just not on this site! :'(

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, if the problem comes back, this thread will still be here.

Here's a little write-up on karma as it applies on this site. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.