Problem with server restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TexasTornado, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasTornado

TexasTornado Registered Member

I am restoring the boot disk of our server to a spare machine having a larger HD. This spare machine is not connected to any network. I am using Acronis True Image Server 8 for Windows. The server is running Windows 2000. I did the restore and rebooted the machine. When I logon the first thing I see is a Low Virtual Memory warning window telling me that the paging file is missing or too small. I click "ok" and then I am returned to the logon screen. This is an endless loop: logon--Low Virtual Memory warning--logon--etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TexasTornado,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please boot into Windows Safe Mode and increase the size of the paging file? Right-click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance -> Settings -> Advanced -> Virtual Memory -> Change.
    I would also recommend you to locate paging file on the system drive.

If that does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Let us know whether you have restored the image of the entire hard drive or the image of a single system partition;

- Have you restored this image to the original hard drive or to another disk?

- Have you made any hardware changes to your computer since this particular image has been created?

- What build number of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows you use?

You can find out by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- Provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- Where do you store your images?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.