Problem with second account

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wallow, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallow

wallow Registered Member

I am running an up to date version of NOD32 v2.5 on an XP Home SP2 machine on which there are a number of accounts including my own and my wife's. Recently for various reasons I turned my wife's non-admin account into an admin account. Ever since that time, when she logs on, she is presented with a screen beginning "The upgrade of the NOD32 antivirus system (V2.5) which you have just installed ..." [I haven't 'just' installed it ...] leading to a second screen inviting her to enable ThreatSense. She duly enables ThreatSense, but the same screen sequence begins again the next time she logs on. How can I deal with this? (Don't tell me to make her account non-admin again ...)

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hello, wallow! You should try reinstalling NOD32 for her account only. ;)

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi pykko , I am not sure this will "help"...
    Only users with admin rights can install programs so when a program is installed , it is install for all the users on that computer . All users will use it equally . It is the same with NOD32 . Moreover I have real-life practise because at the place where I work , in XP Pro system we have two admins and 1 power user and no problems . Same with clients.

I would suggest the following :
    Since you now have 2 admin users , just reinstall NOD32 from the one you want (your desire,it doesn't matter)

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

8 ) Enjoy your protection :thumb: :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.