Problem with Paragon Back Up

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by thejackals, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejackals

thejackals Registered Member

I have just installed Paragon Hard Disk manager 9.5 SE on my Windows 7 system.
    My first action was to make a backup - all seemed ok - the system said it would shut down and reboot.
    After reboot i get a screen saying
    Boot from A
    Insert start up disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run start up.

I cannot get away from this. I have no floppy disk and using the manufacturer supplied recovery disk it want to take me to factory set up which i don't want to do.

How do I get out of this?

Please help

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Windows 7 is not fully supported by that version of HDM, any operation that requires a reboot could cause this, instead you should use the recovery CD to perform that operation.

The problem with your system is the MBR (specifically that it is no longer configured to boot from your hard drive, instead it is pointing to the A drive), there are several ways of repairing it, you can use our recovery CD'd boot corrector, select the correct MBR option.

Alternatively the Windows 7 disk's startup repair can fix this as well, if you do not have one available there is a repair disk available for download, it is not an install disk, but it has the recovery/repair features. Also I should note that it is a torrent, so you will need a torrent download program as well.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

3. thejackals

Thanks for the reply. where do I get "our recovery CD'd boot corrector"

regards

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

There are two recovery CD's that both have the boot corrector, the WinPE one is available for download if you log into your account (this is not available with our special edition that was available on GOTD) The second is a linux based disk and can be created with the "Recovery Media Builder" option and can be burned to a disk, or installed on a flash drive.

5. thejackals

Thanks Rescue Kit Express 9 helped me fix the problem.

A great relief!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.