Problem with OS Selector - Can't find any OS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jdbye, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdbye

jdbye Registered Member

It worked fine for a couple of days, but now it says there's no OS to select and i haven't done anything special. I use WinXP SP2, no other OS installed, and just 1 partition/hard drive.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdbye,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please try to use the OS Detection Wizard which can be launched from Acronis OS Selector Tools menu. You can find the instructions on how to use this wizard in the section 7.11 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

If this does not help then please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If the problem remains then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jdbye

jdbye Registered Member

I couldn't get into the OS selector, it displayed a error in DOS.
    But i have already fixed the problem using the recovery console with fixmbr and fixboot.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdbye,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Now you can activate Acronis OS again and see whether the issue remains. If it does persist then please create a report and submit a request as I have mentioned above. This will allow us to investigate the issue thoroughly and provide you with the possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.