Problem with Online Armor Run Safer and a shared email account

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rycon, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rycon

rycon Registered Member

Hello. I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and enjoy all the insight.

I have a problem with Online Armor's Run Safer option. I am running XP Home Sp3 with Online Armor Free 3.0.0.190 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 My wife and I each have an administrator account on this computer but we share an email account. I configured Thunderbird to store email in a folder under the shared documents folder. My account has ownership of this sub folder.

I installed OA and set TBird to Run Safer. TBird works fine in my account, but in my wifes it simply does not load the email files. I disable Run Safer and all is well. I am assuming OA does not allow TBird to access the files because I am the owner. Is there any workaround to this?

Thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Since you are already sharing the email account, is there any reason you both couldn't work in one account and separate your work with a separate folder structure.

That would solve the problem.

3. rycon

rycon Registered Member

Yeah we could. We just have separate accounts for files, and browser settings and such. This is not really a big deal I can just run it normally. I was just curious if there was a way around it.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am not sure if they free has the option, but in the full version you can temporarily specify to not run safer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.